Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wish/Dream.

It's 3am, I'm falling asleep. You have that scent; the one you always wear. We are so close to each other. Every corner that the bus turns sends me flying into you or the other way around. It's almost magical. Yet there is not a sound. I'm ready to listen, reply, return the question. I can tell you are too. It's just that it's gone. What we once had is no longer ours. I don't think I am ready to accept this. It gives me that feeling. It feels like inside your heart is sinking. We are close. But how about closer? The closer in the sense of, me moving to another seat and you following because you miss me. Because you want to. It just runs through my mind all the time.

The false pretense. Why though?

That time where you had your hands in my pockets and we wished time would slow down, not speed up. When it was so cold, even with the afternoon sun, that it was necessary to cuddle and dance on the spot to keep warm. But now it's summer there is no need. I love the way that we laugh until we cry, dance until we die.

Don't leave.
I'll see you in the morning tomorrow.
I know.
But that's so far away.
I'll come earlier.
You promise.
I promise.
Even if it rains.
Yeah.
Even when the sun refuses to shine anymore.
Yeah.
Why.
Because.
Because what.

I'm not sleepy anymore. We are in the dark, off the bus. I can't believe you wanted to take this bus alone, at this time without anyone. I get worried. It's because I care for you. A lot has happened that we haven't been able to control. And the things we could control we didn't. It's why I don't understand books, it makes me hate them. Books have happy endings, books have sad endings; but why do books have to end. Things don't have to end, they can keep going. They can keep going.

Because I miss you and I still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment