Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Night/Time.

Snow is falling. I was on web-cam with a friend. She told me I looked ridiculous with my scarf and layers. I told her it was snowing. I'd never seen someone's eyes open so much. She started to ask me all these questions. She wanted to know everything.

So in a nutshell, it starts to rain and then the weather is so cold it becomes snow.

Isn't it fascinating. Planet Earth. Being Autumn, of course, I know how the seasons work. The Earth rotates slightly tilted, twenty three degrees or something. Generating seasons. Producing life. Allowing you to have ridiculous conversations with people on the other side of the globe.

It's like everything was planned to happen in a specific way. My friend (who has numerous theories about how Planet Earth works) told me about 'parallel universes'. Somehow, magically, there are infinite replicas of our universe, each with something slightly different happening.

It could be something really simple. In one universe someone could be walking along a footpath and step over a banana peel. In another world, the same person might pick it up and place it in the bin. In another world, the same person may pick up the banana peel and consume it.

Now, not saying that my friends is wrong. He is in fact a very close friend of mine. I highly disagree with what I mentioned above. It was my turn to talk after what seemed like a lecture. I asked him if he acted on logic. He said yes. Straight away. I looked at him. He looked at me slightly afraid. Why? He told me it was simple, I read books, I gather information and I put it all together into my own library.

I told him I respected his way of thinking. Then I proceeded, I act on my emotions. What you read in those books are composed, edited, revised every so often. They must be pretty accurate. But every page I turn I see the word 'theorem' or 'idea' or 'possibility'. Science is so certain isn't it? Now that I think about it, it has absolutely killed me taking physics, chemistry and biology in one year. I learned nothing, just some silly ideas that were somehow backed up by experiments, apparatus and Pythagoras.

I believe, firmly, that everything just simply happens. But everything is linked somehow. Everything, both animate and inanimate are linked. Call me crazy. But this is what I think. Because everything is linked, the outcome of anything is linked to every one of us. Say, you scream as hard as you can at the waterfront. This scenario is near impossible I know, but this could trigger the air to change temperature and this wind current will eventually make itself to a forest far away. Congratulations, you just helped a tree.

Okay, I admit it. This blog is just getting really ridiculous now. But I want you to ask yourself. What do you act on? When times are tough, how do you pull yourself through. Which leads me onto something I've been trying to develop over the years. Everyone has wings. Yes, that's right. Everyone has wings. These wings are unique for everyone, just like our fingerprints. There are different shapes. Different shades. But no-one can see them. And, when times get tough, these wings spread and pull you through. It doesn't happen everyday, but you know those close encounters and you get the sudden adrenaline rush, your heart beats faster than a double-kick in a metal band. Just before that, for the millisecond between a normal heartbeat and a racing one, you're wings spread. And the feeling is amazing.

Define yourself from the group.

How come nobody ever had the guts to say this?

The grass is green because it is.

Actually, the grass absorbs every spectrum of light except the green that we see. WHAT? You're saying a crazy rainbow we can't see is somehow traveling through the air and striking things and somehow we see green, or orange, or red, or purple. When you think about it, isn't it a hypocrisy? I don't trust any of this.

I can no longer feel safe when reading a book.

Science. You just failed at life.

And I just failed you in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment