Friday, February 5, 2010

Flash/Vignette.

All we needed was time, but that time destroyed us. I have come to realise that some things cannot be prevented. No matter how much you fight. No matter how hard you try. Once the earth is salted it will die and we will die with it. It's that silence that makes everything uneasy. The silence when everything goes from black and white to colour. I don't know why it aches. It's a pain in my chest, in my lungs. I've been pierced by a thousand needles. So what if I'm strong? Soon all my limbs will numb. I will be unable to move. The crimson that flows through my body will become blue. Sometimes I think that I'm better off without. But I remember your words. We are the same, as your hands went into my pockets. Whatever you do I'll be behind you - from the start and forever until I die. It was incredible. The world doesn't matter to me. I'll give up everything to breathe the same air as you. It's so easy to figure out what you need and it's so hard to understand why you need it. You told me you hated them. I used to think; why though? But now I realise, it wasn't a thousand needles that pierced my lungs. It was a single needle to pierce my heart. The sky starts grey in the morning, but in the evening it is a passionate shade - like a blend a lilac and fuschia. People change, I told myself. For better or worse. What I thought was totally wrong. I was the one who changed. I am the one to blame. Not you. I can't set myself straight. You said absence makes the heart grow fonder, but only for a little while. Too late now. My days roll by slowly. Before I sleep I grasp my phone in hope for a text, a call, whatever. Just a sign that you are thinking of me.

To be disappointed and sad in the morning because I used to wake up for you, but now I wake up to the sound of my alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment