Monday, January 25, 2010

Misguided/Misunderstood.

Why do we always have feelings we can't express? I'm trying to express my emotions by writing but it's just impossible sometimes.

Pen with paper. Paper with pen. They were meant to be. It's like Fate tied them together using some sort of invisible thread. Impossible. Fate. Those events that would happen in the future inevitably. You're so wrong. There is no such thing as Fate, yet I see you before my eyes.

"Star crossed lovers," she said. "They say we're not meant to be."

I couldn't believe it. You were letting specks of green and violet in the sky tell you what was right and what what was wrong. You're the wisest person I know. But right now. I don't even know who you are.

I'm sick and tired. You're the sky that I fell through. Chills run down my spine when our fingers entwine. Please come home. Fate. If you exist, tell me why her eyes harmonise with mine.

You don't know do you? Yet you signal our every move; plant obstacles, napalm and martyrdom everywhere. If there is one thing that I know, it's best to just let go. Your hazel eyes paralyse my senses as if you are signaling me to stay. I saw the tears on your face but couldn't make a sound.

This time I will be listening.

"Do you think I am pretty. Do you like me for who I am? Do you dare take this hand?" she asked.

No, no and no.

I don't think you are pretty, I think you are beautiful. I don't like you for who you are, I love you for who you are. But this hand, has been nothing but a burden that creates pain. I longed to find words that I'm feeling. My world flips upside down. My heartbeat races faster and faster. Never believe because you will finally wake up. To find a twist. Broken promises, broken hearts.

When you see your life in someone's eyes everything may seem right. But when you give up everything you have to breathe the same air as they do you receive nothing but pain. The world is cruel. It enjoys breaking us down and then slowing time when we're alone.

Break the silence. Please.

Whispers turn into shouting. Shouting turns into tears. Tears turn into laughter and it takes away my fear.

I know the word know. I feel... I feel inspired.

The world is cruel.

But the world doesn't matter to me. Nothing can change me but myself.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing can change you but you. After all the world is your reflection and it tells you things that you are hiding from yourself, so that you can find them, feel them, learn from them and grow. Burgeon. Flower. Inside.

    ReplyDelete