Friday, February 5, 2010

Never/Again.

An absolutely perfect moment in mid-December. Black and blue hair covered both her eyes. Her snowy white shirt and caliginous jeans hid only a rainbow of colours beneath. Every step she took brought her closer. To me.

She stopped, leaned forwards and ran her fingers through the grass. A dandelion. She breathed in deep. She breathed me in. And blew. A cascade of snow in the middle of summer.

I stood firmly on the pavement and looked down at my shoes. They were red, laced with white over and over again; until they stopped at what seemed like a perfect bow just above my ankles.

If only I could tie them to the moon, so I would never get lost in you.

I looked up and saw that she now seated in the grass. Her right leg over her left. The sun low in the sky.

As I approached, she turned, smiled and signaled for me to sit down beside her.

"can I see them now?" she said quietly.

She took the camera from around my neck. She was so close. Her peppermint breath. No, spearmint.

"Wow," she said. "These aren't bad, actually they're beautiful."

She turned at me again.

"Not beautiful because I took them," I paused. "But beautiful because of what's in them."

She smiled. Her braces gleamed in the sunlight. I raised my hand and used my fingers to gently brush her hair out of her now sparkling eyes.

Eyes so violet; yet green.

No comments:

Post a Comment